Sunday 26 June 2016

AFTERNOON TEA AT PATISSERIE VALERIE

Hello everyone, I hope you are all having an amazing weekend, today I wanted to share with you my experience of afternoon tea at Patisserie Valerie in Durham. I bought my mum a voucher for afternoon tea for her birthday in April and we have only just managed to organise a time when we could go. I bought the voucher from Wowcher, it was £19 instead of £25 which is what they charge in their cafe's for afternoon tea and the good thing was it was valid until the beginning of July. I love going for afternoon tea so I knew as soon as I saw the offer, I had to buy one for my mum's birthday. I would definitely recommend this cafe, the food was delicious and the staff were so friendly and helpful! My mum and I are already discussing when we will be going back there for afternoon tea and I think we would definitely use Wowcher again as it was so easy and saved us a little bit of money. All I had to do was buy the voucher on the Wowcher website and they sent me the voucher in an email so I printed it off and took it with me to the nearest Patisserie Valerie store, it was so easy. I hadn't used Wowcher before I bought this so I was unsure of how easy it would be to purchase this voucher and use it but it was so easy therefore I would definitely recommend it!

I love going for afternoon tea, it's one of my favourite things to do. I had never been to Patisserie Valerie before today and I have to say I was very impressed with the service and food. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was so quick, the cafe we went to was quite big and we chose to sit upstairs as it was quieter. We rang up this morning to book a table to ensure we were able to get a table so I would recommend doing this as on the voucher it said if the cafe was busy, there would be a 20 minute waiting time therefore we checked to make sure we were able to get a table.

We were served a selection of sandwiches, cakes and scones. There was a selection of 5 sandwiches and a mini vegetable quiche (there was two of every sandwich), 2 x fruit and plain scones and a selection of 5 cakes which were absolutely delicious! I had two pots of tea which was so nice and my mum had two latte's as she doesn't drink tea.

Afternoon Tea for 2

Afternoon tea really fills me up therefore we asked if we would be able to take home the food we hadn't eaten. They wrapped up our cakes and scones really nicely which was absolutely lovely. The cakes were absolutely amazing!!

I hope you have enjoyed this blogpost, I know it is a bit different to my usual posts but I really like afternoon tea and wanted to share my experience with everyone. If you have visited a chain of places that does afternoon tea, please let me know what it's like and I might try afternoon tea there as I love visiting new places and trying their afternoon tea.

Thanks so much for reading!
Twitter: @1sup3rg1rl
Instagram: 1sup3rg1rl
Bloglovin': 1sup3rg1rl
Never give up on your dreams xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment